“A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices…” William James
Our thinking is crowded by our past, we do not have free spirit because we are controlled by our emotions and expectation. And we do not have free thinking, unless we remove Bias & Prejudice.
Do you agree. If you say, Yes, I say you are Biased, if you say No, I say you are prejudiced. LOL.
On serious note. You want to test yourself. Just try and see, how your kids learn. If you could learn and remember just like them, you are free of bias, but if not, and your like me, its time to declutter the mind.
In 1971, renowned social scientist Herbert Simon observed;
“What information consumes is rather obvious:
It consumes the attention of its recipients.
Hence a wealth of information creates a poverty of attention.”
Source : Manage Your Day to Day – www.99u.com
Remember, laughter is 10 times more powerful than screams.
– Mike (Monsters, Inc.)
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
– Jack Sparrow
Courtesy : Indiatimes
1. Follow Your Curiosity: “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”
2. Perseverance is Priceless: “It’s not that I’m so smart; it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
3. Focus on the Present: “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a
pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
4. Imagination is Powerful: “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
5. Make Mistakes: “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
6. Live in the Moment: “I never think of the future – it comes soon enough.”
7. Create Value: “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
8. Don’t Be Repetitive: “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
9. Knowledge Comes From Experience: “Information is not knowledge.
The only source of knowledge is experience.”
X. Learn the Rules and Then Play Better: “You have to learn the rules of the game.
And then you have to play better than anyone else.”